Everything is better when it’s fun. We talk about pain points in our New Year’s Resolution blog post. Pain points are overcoming the obstacles that stand in your way of reaching your goal. Making exercise enjoyable helps make moving your body easier.
Here are a few ways to make exercise more enjoyable:
- Exercise with a friend. A friend gives you accountability and makes the exercise a whole lot more enjoyable. You can swim, bike, walk, hike, take a Zumba or Yoga class.
- Try a new sport. Trying a new activity, such as, swimming, tennis, Pickleball, or cycling will bring a new freshness to your routine. Most of the time these sports bring along a community to go with it. Pickleball is the number one growing sport in America. If you haven’t heard about it, check it out at your local tennis club.
- Make exercise part of your daily life. Using a pedometer, you can learn to take more steps in your day by simply parking further away from the store, school or office building, taking the stairs, or arising early and walking the dog. A good goal is 10,000 steps a day.
- Hire a trainer. Hiring a trainer at your local gym can help you step out of your normal routine and try different exercises you might not have done before.
- Try mindfulness exercise. Try to slow down and really focus on your movement and how your body responds. Quiggy gives some good advice on mindfulness exercise.
- Download the Healthy Exercise Bracket. Choose a few activities you would like to improve on and focus on that through out the month of March. In the end, you will end up with a new champion behavior.