Sweet Potato Latkes
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp olive oil for greasing baking pan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Stir together ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Lightly grease a baking ban with olive oil.
- Using a 1/8 cup measure, scoop mixture onto pan and flatten into 2-3 inch pancakes.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, flip pancakes, and cook for 10 minutes on side two.
- If you’d like to make your pancakes crispier, spray a pan with olive oil cooking spray and brown each pancake over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Makes about 24 pancakes
Cranberry Glazed Turkey Breast
2lb turkey breast
1 Tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp ground sage
Fresh ground pepper
1 cup fresh cranberries
1 small sprig of fresh rosemary
4 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the fresh cranberries, rosemary sprig, honey, water and orange juice to a saucepan over low heat.
- Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to low-medium and continue to cook until the cranberries burst and the sauce is the consistency of jam. This takes about 10 minutes or so.
- Remove the rosemary sprig, and any stray leaves that came off during cooking.
- Mash the cranberry sauce until it is as smooth as possible (without large chunks of cranberry).
- Set aside.
Prepare the Turkey Breast:
- Brush the turkey breast with olive oil.
- Season the turkey breast with the sage, salt and pepper.
- Spread the cranberry sauce all over the turkey breast, making sure to cover it completely.
- Roast the turkey for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until the internal temperature measures 165 degrees.
- When the turkey is done, remove from heat and let rest under tin foil for about 5 minutes.
Serving the Turkey:
- When it is time to serve the turkey, cut the turkey into 3/4 inch slices, cut against the grain.
- Yields 8- 4 oz servings.