Empowered Wellness is Hiring!
Empowered Wellness is a fun, high-energy community of wellness professionals helping teenagers and young adults reach and maintain their best weight, where they’re happiest and healthiest. We empower our campers to break free from food and body struggles by giving them the knowledge, confidence and life skills to make smart decisions for a lifetime.
Our program is a unique blend of brain training, cognitive-behavioral skills, nutrition and culinary skills, and physical activity.
In addition to their specific responsibilities, every staff member models healthy eating, fitness and a positive attitude for our campers, helping restore each camper’s sense of hope and possibility through kindness, compassion, and integrity.
If you have a personal or professional interest in healthy lifestyles, weight management, positive body image, the treatment of overweight and obesity, nutrition, fitness and personal training or adolescent health, one of our positions may be right for you.
Open Positions & Job Descriptions
The Clinical Director has responsibility for the clinical aspect of summer camp and the supervision of the Behavioral Coaches. The Clinical Director will also serve on the leadership team and support Camp Director with overall camp supervision.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise Behavioral Coach meetings
- Organize Behavioral Coach scheduling
- Provide individual supervision to Behavioral Coaches on a weekly and as needed basis
- Present initial Empowered Wellness presentation to campers during first day of camp
- Create clinical schedule
- Supervise note-taking of campers’ records
- Carry small caseload and run groups if/when necessary
- Present at Family Workshops & Family Camps
- Provide proactive and reactive communication to parents regarding clinical issues including conduct.
- Work with Nutrition Instructor to schedule/supervise restaurant outings
- Supervise campers in the dorms, at meal times, around campus, during evening activities, and on off-campus field trips
- This is a full-time live in position
- Role model the Empowered Wellness program of healthy living while at camp
- Experience in administration in a residential or camp program
- A demonstrated commitment to healthy living
- A masters’ degree in psychology or social work, or PhD./PsyD.
- Complete Behavioral Coach training prior to camp
- Licensure optional but strongly preferred.
- Excellent clinical, communication, supervisory and organizational skills.
1) Complete our online application
2) We’ll contact you if you’re selected for an interview
3) Successful candidates must pass reference checks, driving and criminal background checks
4) If hired, you must complete the following activities before camp starts:
Ensure that you have a current CPR and first-aid certification
Complete online training modules
Complete on-site training in Santa Barbara, CA